Friday, October 12, 2012

4 out of 5 and looking forward to Sunday

This week I was able to attend morning Mass from Tuesday through Friday.  . . 4 out of 5 of the weekdays.  I said it in another post early on, but there is no better way to start one's day.  My wife Tammy asked me the other day, "are you becoming a holy roller?"  Of course she was joking (I think), but I told her I just enjoy it, that it only lasts for 30 minutes, and I only get to work about 15 minutes later than I used to while getting up only 15 minutes earlier in the morning.  Being able to participate in the Eucharist helps me feel that God is within me and it gives me the support I need to lead a good life. So, why not?  Many people struggle to find time to just pray every day, and by going to Mass it helps me more disciplined about spending time with God.  I don't consider it a sacrifice on my part at all; rather, I consider it a blessing.

On a separate note, I'm so glad it's the weekend.  It's been a long, hard, physical week working outdoors, but for a great cause.  I'm definitely ready for some rest and family time.  I'm really looking forward to what we have planned for High School Youth Ministry on Sunday -- we are spending about 30 minutes of the time doing Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.  Spending time face to face with the Blessed Sacrament is about the closest one can get to being in the presence of Jesus Christ.  If you are wondering what I'm talking about, go to Google and type in "Eucharistic Adoration" or here are a few links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eucharistic_adoration

http://www.medjugorje.org/adore.htm

http://www.therealpresence.org/eucharst/pea/a2.html

I hope everyone reading this has a great weekend.  Peace of Christ be with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment