Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Comeback

It's been over a year and a half since I posted on this blog.  Why?  No good reason(s).  I simply got distracted with life -- work, family, friends, hobbies, and lots of other things.  This is the story for many of us isn't it?  Why didn't we make Church on Sunday?  Why didn't we go to Mass on that Holy Day of Obligation?  When was the last time we went to Confession?  Or, simply visited with Jesus for a few minutes in prayer?  Oftentimes in this life so many things get in the way of what matters most.

Every time I find that I've strayed away from the Church, I always seem to feel a calling back.  There is that voice in the back of my head, a pulling, something that draws me in.  I, personally, think it is the Holy Spirit nudging me -- telling me, "Hey, you!  You're not where you're supposed to be or doing what you should be doing.  Get your act together."  Quite simply, I need to listen and act.  So, here I am.

One thing I intend to do is start writing my blog again.  I don't know if it will be once a week, once a month, or what, but I feel this need to write.  I think A LOT. . .I mean A LOT.  I have questions like many of us do, and sometimes have my own thoughts on what I hear at Church, what I read in the media, and just general things I feel the need, feel the nudge to share.  So, that's exactly what I'm going to do.  I ask for your prayers that I remain focused, on-task, and stay strong to this calling.

This is my comeback. . . be on the look-out!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment