Friday, September 28, 2012

Daily Enjoyment of Mass

I decided to try something new (for me) on Tuesday -- going to morning Mass before work.  St. Elizabeth Ann Seton (where I go to Church) has a morning Mass at 6:30.  This, I thought on Monday night, would work out perfectly as I am usually an early bird at work and get there around 7:30 ish or even earlier (even though I really don't need to).  Guess what?  I was right.  I got there at 6:30 and got recruited into doing the reading and Psalm, and the entire Mass was done in about 35 minutes.  I got in my car, and was still at work before 8 and most other people. 

The best part of this?  I felt spiritually refreshed and ready for the day.  I felt happy, great, and fulfilled before the day started.  It is amazing what an impact celebrating the Eucharist to start the day had on me.  It was so nice that I went back Wednesday morning and Thursday morning as well.  I didn't get to go Friday as I was out of town for work.  I think my general rule is going to be that as long as I don't have anything at work before 9 o'clock, then I'm going to try my best to get up and make Mass whenever possible. 

Mass makes me a better person.  It helps me further my relationship with Jesus Christ through the Eucharist.  It helps me become the best version of myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment